Leaders in the manufacture of advanced technology solutions.
Our client, Yamazaki Mazak is a leading global manufacturing company based in Worcester. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading Machine Tool manufacturer who have been at the forefront of the industry for many years. Due to increased production, our client now has a requirement for a Spindle Test Engineer. 365 Resourcing are the preferred supplier to Mazak.
Purpose of The Role:
Located at Mazak’s European Manufacturing Plant in Worcester, Mazak’s Spindle Service Centre (SSC) is a dedicated resource to maximise Spindle performance for our customers. With a vision to repair and service both current and legacy models, SSC are able to rebuild and test spindles to the exact same high standards and precision of a brand new unit.
The successful candidate will be part of the Spindle Test team working together to achieve daily priorities agreed by the area team leader.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Test and after-test a variety of Mazak CNC spindles including; lathes, machining centres and multitasking machines.
- Follow written procedures and detailed check-sheets.
- Operation and maintenance of test rigs and NC controls.
- Clean and mask spindles ready for paint as well as finish painted spindles ready for final inspection.
- Keep responsible area safe and tidy at all times.
- Develop technical understanding of existing spindles in order to assist with the testing of future spindles.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Background in precision engineering and problem solving.
- Good understanding of electrical systems, or Electrical knowledge in testing motors, fault finding and repair works.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of hydraulic and pneumatics.
- Organised and able to plan ahead.
- Keen to learn new skills and transfer knowledge within the team, acting as team player at all times.
- Flexible for overtime when required to meet the production target.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in operating NC controls.
- Testing of assembled parts.
- Completed an engineering apprenticeship.
The successful candidate can also expect the following:
– Join a successful, Worcester based, multi-national manufacturing company.
– Excellent career potential – the company is currently expanding due to increased demand.
– Benefits that include pension, free uniform, free parking and also a subsidised restaurant on site.
– Working Days, 8.15am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
– Excellent salary and overtime potential.
If this Spindle Test Engineer role sounds like the right opportunity for you then please call to discuss further or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org