Website Gower Cottage Brownies
About the company:
This small but perfectly formed family business has been built from the ground up and after kick-starting a manufacturing operation, is now looking to grow and develop operations and to recruit the right person to support with this. The business has been growing in excess of 25% year on year since starting out in 2007 and is now turning over nearly £2m annually. The family are now looking to bring onboard an Operations Manager who can continue to build the business and prepare it for the next phase of growth.
About the Job:
As a family run business you will be required to be hands on and fully engaged with the team and the operation. The client is looking for someone who will act like an owner, take real ownership of the site and are keen to find candidates with the right attributes and positive attitude who can also potentially grow into the role as the business expands.
The small team on-site, consisting of a mix of full time and part time staff making up around 10 FT equivalents, run a well organised operation supplying freshly baked chocolate produce to a mix of wholesale clients and online direct sales.
Day to day operations at the site run smoothly and mostly autonomously, with the first priority of the role being to enable this operation, through purchasing, logistics & other support activities. The owners have identified a number of growth opportunities which will provide a new and growing challenge in the years ahead.
This offers a potential opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Operations / Shift Leader, to take the next step into Operations Management, or for an experienced Operations Manager who would relish a new and exciting challenge in a more hands on informal setting.
Be engaged as part of the team and have the ability to build and drive the team forward. Be customer focused to deliver the best quality and service possible.
- Managing, coaching and engaging teams and developing team members in all areas
- Promoting a great Health and Safety and Food Safety culture.
- Managing the order fulfilment conformance to budget.
- Lead continuous improvement.
- Monitor and oversee all production control documents and relevant paperwork to ensure they are completed accurately.
- Working with and alongside key personnel to maintain and enhance existing products, processes and equipment.
- Accountable for the performance of the order fulfilment process: goods-in, production, despatch, yard, packaging and ancillary stores functions.
- Authority to stop non-conforming product, or process, where product safety or employee safety is at risk.
- Accountable for all stocks material, packaging.
- Accountable for budget, labour utilization, performance.
- Accountable for the H&S of all staff on shift.
- Managing performance, yield and staff utilisation.
- Accountable for managing attendance and dealing with any Disciplinary or Grievance cases.
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in Food Production Management, ideally baking/chocolate/confectionery.
- HACCP, Food Safety and Hygiene.
- Self-motivated to achieve results and CI focused.
- You must be familiar with all of your controls (numbers, what yield is performing at).
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages and have an understanding of ERP systems/Shop Floor data systems.
- Ability to make objective decisions taking all factors into account.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused.
If this Operations Manager role sounds like the right opportunity for you then please email your CV in the first instance to email@example.com