Leaders in the manufacture of advanced technology solutions.
About the Job
Our client, Yamazaki Mazak is a leading global manufacturing company based in Worcester. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading Machine Tool manufacturer who have been at the forefront of the industry for many years. Due to a recent promotion within the department, our client now has a requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer to be based onsite in Worcester.
The purpose and remit of the Mechanical Design Engineer role:
– Provide customers with optimum machining solutions, utilising the extensive product range.
– Designing and development of new CNC machine tool products and accessories.
– Preparation of hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication and coolant circuits.
– Engineering calculations and cost analysis with modifications to improve function or reduce costs.
– Preparation of technical documentation.
– Ensure all activities are completed within Health and Safety guidelines.
The Mechanical Design Engineer experience and qualifications required:
* Sound grasp of engineering principles and manufacturing processes.
* Ability to design, manufacture and create drawings using CAD (CREO/Windchill).
* Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint).
* Highly motivated, proactive and innovative to help improve processes.
* Clear communication at all levels of the customer organisation.
* Ability to work under pressure but still work to very high standards.
* Strong problem solving ability.
* Flexible approach to a varied workload.
The successful candidate can also expect the following:
– Join a successful, Worcester based, multi-national manufacturing company.
– Excellent career potential – the company is currently expanding due to increased demand.
– Benefits that include pension, free uniform, free parking and also a subsidised restaurant on site.
– Working Days, 8.15am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
– Excellent salary and overtime potential.
If this Mechanical Design Engineer role sounds like the right opportunity for you then please call to discuss further or email me at the email address provided.