Leaders in the manufacture of advanced technology solutions.
About the Job
Our client, Yamazaki Mazak is a leading global manufacturing company based in Worcester. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading Machine Tool manufacturer who have been at the forefront of the industry for many years. Our Client, is looking to add a Machining Supervisor to their existing team.
The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all components are delivered on time and in full at the correct quality with the efficient, cost effective and timely planning in line with production schedules and customer expectations.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Setting weekly plans and targets to ensure the team meet the required daily output
– Monitoring the forecast figures to anticipate stock shortages
– Preparing material requirements
– Report daily on any issues with regards to supplying parts either internally or externally
– Monitor and control budgets
– Monitoring production running processes
– Liaising with internal customers
– Managing all aspects of the SQDCP (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People) daily responsibilities.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience and knowledge:-
– An Engineering qualification to HND/Degree level
– A Supervisory qualification to at least a level 3 standard
– Proven track record in managing Machine Shops
– High accuracy machining which will include Turning Centre, Machining Centre, and Grinding technology / methodology.
– Process engineering / CNC programming / Mazatrol/Smooth control systems / Reading and understanding of component drawings.
– Managing a three shift, seven day work pattern
– Be an advocate of Six Sigma and Lean principles
– Planning, improving, recording a team’s performance though visualisation and good communication techniques
– Continuous improvement – leading and supporting a team to increase utilisation and performance
– ‘Lights out’ and multi-machine manning
– IT system based planning and measuring
– Monitoring and controlling budgets
You should also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Be a good communicator
• Manage with integrity, awareness, teamwork, commitment, and passion
• Have the ability to motivate, monitor and coach individuals
• Have the aptitude to maintain daily activities
• Attendance at regular meetings to give updates on relevant issues
• Present formally to an audience of varying seniority
• Management of all health and safety issues
• Management of all required production processes.
If this role sounds like the right opportunity for you then please call 07557 351644 to discuss further or email me at email@example.com