Leaders in the manufacture of advanced technology solutions.
Our client, Yamazaki Mazak, is a leading global manufacturing company based in Worcester. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading Machine Tool manufacturer who have been at the forefront of the industry for many years. Due to increased production within the department, our client now has a requirement for a Machine Shop Quality Engineer. 365 Resourcing are the preferred supplier to Mazak.
The purpose and remit of the Machine Shop Quality Engineer role:
- To conduct hourly patrol audits across the machine shop to check for part compliance.
- To randomly sample parts produced and check for visual and geometric compliance.
- To use appropriate measuring equipment and techniques as required to check for process compliance eg, surface finish, heights, lengths, critical features etc. and to communicate the findings to machine shop management and associates.
- To advise on corrective actions and process compliance as required.
- To agree sampling frequency and requirements based on machine capability.
- To advise on the use of check sheets, control charts and SPC.
- To gain a full understanding of critical features and critical to quality issues.
- To ensure associates know their responsibilities for process compliance and ensure they are being monitored.
- To work with the machine shop to improve processes.
- To understand and ensure that the concessions process is adhered to and corrective actions are implemented.
- To ensure all other corrective actions are both robust and audited on a regular basis to ensure they are sustained.
- Support the investigation of any non-compliance event to ensure containment, root cause investigation and corrective actions are completed. To include machining, operator, sub contract and heat treatment issues.
- Conduct MSA audits and check new operator adherence to quality control procedures.
- Write technical report writing
- Provide internal training on measurement techniques and gauge control
- To take an active role in Kaizen activities & to promote 5S in the workplace
The Machine Shop Quality Engineer experience and qualifications required:
- Very hands on, comfortable within a shop floor environment and working with machine operatives.
- Familiar with machining processes (Turning, Milling & Grinding).
- Proficient with inspection equipment (hand measurement tools).
- Experienced with heat treatment processes and evaluating metallographic test pieces.
- Good communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Able to train correct inspection methods and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience of check sheets, control charts and SPC.
- Formally qualified in a quality discipline.
- Able to advise and setup process inspection methods /processes and part inspection protocols.
- Familiar with patrol inspection requirements.
- Good Measurement skills, knowledge of MSA.
- Good communication skills with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to manipulate and summarize data.
The successful candidate can also expect the following:
– Join a successful, Worcester based, multi-national manufacturing company.
– Excellent career potential – the company is currently expanding due to increased demand.
– Benefits that include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 8% company contribution pension, private health care, 4x death in service, free uniform, free parking and also a subsidised restaurant on site.
– Working Days, 8.15am-4.30pm Monday-Friday.
– Excellent salary and regular overtime potential.
If this Machine Shop Quality Engineer role sounds like the right opportunity for you then please call to discuss further or email me at Julian@365resourcing.co.uk