Leaders in the manufacture of advanced technology solutions.
About the Job
Our client, Yamazaki Mazak, is a leading global manufacturing company based in Worcester. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading Machine Tool manufacturer who have been at the forefront of the industry for many years. Due to increased production within the department, our client now has a requirement for a Instrumentation Calibration Engineer. 365 Resourcing are the preferred supplier to Mazak.
The purpose and remit of the Instrumentation Calibration Engineer role:
- Calibrate measuring equipment including verniers, calipers, micrometers (Digital) depth, thread and surface finish gauges.
- Dimensional checks on Fixtures/Tooling using first principle methods.
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification records and traceability.
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures.
- Participate in external/internal audits as required.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QHSE aspects of work are implemented at all times.
- Complete all work within the targeted time frames and ensure correct control and accounting of work in progress is maintained.
- Arranging calibration scheduled visits with internal departments to ensure a timely transfer of instrumental calibration is conducted without hindering production.
The Instrumentation Calibration Engineer experience and qualifications required:
- Hands on and comfortable within a manufacturing environment, working with shop floor operatives.
- Familiar with machining processes (Turning, Milling & Grinding).
- Proficient with inspection equipment (hand measurement tools).
- Experienced with heat treatment processes and evaluating metallographic test pieces.
- Good communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Able to train correct inspection methods and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience of check sheets, control charts and SPC.
- Formally qualified in a quality discipline.
- Able to advise and setup process inspection methods/processes and part inspection protocols.
- Familiar with patrol inspection requirements.
- Good Measurement skills, knowledge of MSA.
- Good communication skills with a methodical approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate can also expect the following:
– Join a successful, Worcester based, multi-national manufacturing company.
– Excellent career potential – the company is currently expanding due to increased demand.
– Benefits that include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 8% company contribution pension, private health care, 4x death in service, free uniform, free parking and also a subsidised restaurant on site.
– Working Days, 8.15am-4.30pm Monday-Friday.
If this Instrumentation Calibration Engineer role sounds like the right opportunity for you then please call to discuss further or email Julian at the address provided.